Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Chess grand masters do it in twenty-seven moves.

Gods bless the Internet. Moments ago, I idly wondered whether rhyming played a significant role in Chinese poetry (classically, yes, yes it does), and I got taken on a whirlwind tour where I not only got to read all the Chinese poetry I could stand, but be impressed by how rectangular these poems are, discover I'm far from the first to notice and play with that, and then get the grand history of the evolution and cultural significance of the Chinese language-family. All of it piped directly to me, and the best part is, I feel no obligation to remember this information, because it will always be there. I just let it wash over me as a pleasant wave of knowledge, absorbing the interesting bits and casting off the detritus.

All of which has nothing to do with the title of this post, which is something that rather randomly popped into my head earlier today, and I decided to air off under the weight of public scrutiny.

Anyway, I'm going to be taking a short hiatus. I'll be back by Boxing Day, though, so don't worry.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home